Tuesday, 15 May 2007

Okay....

Okay, here I am, I feel like im back in primary school and facing up for confession time... I had a blow out.. come on dont be surprised, i was about due. but i realise that its how i deal with it and bounce back - thats is the real test.

I ate enormous portion sizes almost every week, which included huge servings of home made lasagne on both friday and saturday night, even a couple of bits of garlic bread which I lied and said I wouldnt buy. I had a few wines friday night and then picked a bit more at the left overs, and then saturday night i did the same thing. I had my huge tea, then went out, drank way too much, i cant even say i had no inhibitions, because I knew damn well what I was doing as i snacked on the mini sausage rolls and spring rolls at 4am... home to bed. Sunday - bacon and egg mcmuffin and OJ at 12 for breaky... brunch.. whatever. then lunch went for a few hours, started with meat and salad, then i went back for some more and some more and grazed most of the day.. did you think i was full after this. of course i was. what did we then order and eat for tea - a family size pizza. I had 4 and 3/4 of the big greasy things and the whole time knew I shouldnt have, and knew I had to weigh in the next morning.

I felt shit all day and then yesterday much the same. I think I caught some kind of cold - nearly everyone at the party had it! and i was in bed all of yesterday.. So yes not a good start to my 6 weeks of big weekends hey...

SO - I gained what I lost last week - so i give back all your big pats on the back for how well i did the week before, because it was all back on yesterday morning when I creeped on the scales.

I realise that we all have these things happen, and falling off the wagon is all apart of it, i think because I hadnt done it in such a long time, its even worse this time, and knowing that we have such a busy lifestyle for the next few months makes things seem a bit harder. but as I said in my last post, or a few ago - this is life for us, so if i cant maintain, or lose at the moment then im not quite there yet!

So onwards and downwards, i dont want any more massive weight losses if i cant maintain them the week after, i realise im only back to where i was a week and a bit ago, and i can cope with that. the world isnt over, like i thought it was yesterday! ive just taken a step backwards and know i can take three more forward now.

so back to the track - exercise and tracking wise, and i hope to stay the same or lose a little this week if i get myself back on track in time. saturday will be even bigger, but its sunday that i find is my killer, so im going to put some before and after pics up around the house sunday, even just on the fridge, so i can face it every time i feel like being a pig!

Anyway, thank you for letting me confess, we're all human, we all make mistakes, thats life im afraid, i hope you can see the same if you've had 'one of those weekends' yourself, and if not, keep up the great work, i love hearing how you all go, make sure you fill me in!

Pap smear for me tomorrow night - what a fun week!!!! :( Oh well, could be worse!

take care xx

p.s thanks for the poem jo - your a nutter, and thats why i love ya xx

3 comments:

Christine (Australia) said...

Jenn, looks like you and I travelled the same road last week! We will do better this week, we've both come too far to start going backwards!! Keep smiling gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Hi mate,

Yep, buck up the world's not going to end because you had a big weekend (though I know it feels like it will - or you wish it will - on the Sunday!).

If you know that you tend to graze or whatever when your hungover, why not prepare some snacks which will get you thru your hangover and not make you feel guilty afterwards? Maybe back to your good old Sakatas and salsa, or pitta pizzas - chop up everything the day before so all you have to do it throw it on the pitta and chuck it in the oven. You can crawl back into bed until its ready and you have a yummy hangover food which wont break the points budget!! VOILA (pronounced vwa-laa)!!!! HEHE.

Anyway, hope you are feeling better and havent caught a bad cold.

Take care,
You-know-who xxxx

Caz said...

Hey hun... Don't stress over it - doesn't sound like you are all that much. You know you will get to goal and soon, so chin up and back on the wagon. I should listen to my own advice - I've put so much crap in my body the last couple of weeks it's not funny. BUT Aims and I are starting to get our act together exercise wise, and I'm moving, yes FINALLY!!! this weekend, so bring on the start of my new life... Will email tomorrow - have my Honours presentation today so flat out with that... eek! xxx