Thursday, 17 May 2007

Shit night, getting there today...

The title of this one says it all. Last night I had my infamous appt with the doctor.. it was alot worse than last time too, painful and bleeding (sorry too much information) but it wasnt good. Then training went for too long and my back was just aching, i could hardly stand when i got home, there is definitely something wrong there, i lay on the couch then went to bed for the night. Im booked in with the chiro this afternoon so ill let you know how i go, hopefully he doesnt hurt me too much. im also not over this head cold thing I have got going on. My throat is so sore, my head is throbbing with a headache and my muscles are aching, i dont want to go home to bed, because then my back gets stiff and aches and im flat out at the moment as it is. as much as exercise is lacking at the moment im going to give training a miss tonight to make sure i get myself better. And running around in the cold isnt going to do me any favours, or my back.. So not much better today, but im pushing through.

I got a big email of sherrie today which put a lot of things in perspective. I was really upset and feeling lousy last night and hadnt had those feelings for such a long time. which i think is why its hit me harder this time. I feel like im falling back into my old habbits, bigger portion sizes, laziness etc etc. But as she said, stop. okay - star taking making each good choice as it comes, dont worry about the rest, the weekend and everything else, just take one meal at a time one day at a time and make the right choices and ill be fine. I wish i could say im back on the wagon but im not yet, and i know not being well has contributed alot to this, but still no excuse really.

So im somewhere around the wheel part.. trying to grip myself back up again. one meal at a time, one day at a time and ill be right. My mini goal is to lose what i gained this week before sherrie gets back from overseas (3 weeks..)

I hope your all having MUCH better weeks, and your all not being as complacent as this person has been the last week or more... take care and ill talk to you soon xx

2 comments:

Christine (Australia) said...

Dear Jenn, Don't be too hard on yourself chicky! Some weeks are definitely tougher than others, that's for sure! Especially when you're not feeling well.. Just look after yourself first and foremost, the eating and exercise can get back on track when you are feeling better, which I'm sure won't be too far away! Be kind to yourself.. You have been really pushing yourself for the last little while, with all the social activities, work and exercise.. try and take a bit of time to have a "mental health day" and do something that you really enjoy and that you find relaxing.. Have a great weekend and try not to stress too much.. chris xx

Caz said...

Hey hun... Sorry you're having an ordinary week... As you know though, bad things always happen in clusters, so I'd say your share is just about up this week, so it can only be good from now on! I hope the chiro helped... I swear by them, but I can't find a good one in Wagga which I'm not impressed about - I'm fussy as though because my Aunty & Uncle have been treating me since I was little, and they taught my chiro in Melbourne, so I'm used to their style!!

You're right - one step at a time... and when you start to get down on yourself and life in general, just take stock and look at all the positives: look at how much weight you've lost thus far, irrespective of little gains, think how lucky you are to have a gorgeous fiance and an impending wedding, go and give Zara a cuddle, give Sarah or another old friend a call or... the list goes on. Sometimes you just have to short circuit your brain I think!! Don't just let yourself sit there and wallow - I know that when I've made a conscious decision to make myself feel better in the last few months it's made a HUGE difference...

So chin up chicken. And I'm always an email, texty or phone call away! (and one day soon I will be coming to visit you cause I'm missing Tom already!!!) xxx