hi all, im back in the land of the living this morning. after a nasty nasty gastro bug struck at 3.30 on tuesday afternoon. i started to feel a bit squeamish in the arvo, but put it down to my period and feeling lousy. but a few minutes after i swallowed a couple of nurofen, it was running to the toilet and up they come again. i went home after this and spent another ten hours projectile vomiting my little heart out in bed. poor chappy was home sick as well, his was the other end. but it turns out the friends place we went for lunch on sunday (another couple had the same thing last week - and passed it on - to everyone else there!!) we were all bedridden and spewing or on the loo for 24 hours!!
I never thought id go into the negative with points too!! i only had a sandwhich and breaky on the tuesday but all of that and more from the night before came back to haunt me and then even less was eaten yesterday. trying to get myself back on track rather than counting but i just added up what ive planned is well under points anyway. salad roll/sandwhich for lunch today and then ww meal for tea so nothing too extravagant! don't think my body would like it very much. the first night i lost over 2 kilos just from the spewing. not a good idea for a detox though guys - don't try at home!
I guess the positive of it all is that it happened tuesday and not today - and run me over for the hens night on saturday!! its good to be back at work today to get back into routine, to get my sore back out of lying in the bed and to start getting excited about the weekend again!! sarah has done so much work on games and food and drinks - im so lucky to have such special friends!! she is also running some wedding erands in shep for me tomorrow too since i don't have any more time off bar the day or two before.
lollypop favours turned up today they look great!
anyway better get back to it, - loads on. desk is overflowing with files so I better get stuck into some more. morning has flown it will be friday arvo before i know it!!
can't wait. talk soon xx
Thursday, 18 October 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh you poor thing!!!! What a horrible bug to be struck down with. I hope you are feeling all better by the weekend... and especially since the hen's night !!
I hope you have a great time, and so good to hear you have a great friend organising things and helping you out!
I'm so looking forward to seeing wedding photos of you!! Can't wait!
Take care of yourself, and hope you get through the rest of the week OK.
xx
Glad to hear you're on the mend! Oh, and I gather that's YOUR hens night you're talking about? Wow, I can't quite believe how the time flies! Have fun!!!! I'm already looking forward to you telling us all about it and to the pictures of course... :)
Post a Comment